|Get on my Bandwagon??...Hell Yeah!|
Midweek International friendlies, don't you just love them. I don't read the scores but I do go over starting lineups and subs made, minutes played during the matches with the fantasy implications in mind. Fantasy wise my team isn't putting up great numbers but performing solidly enough to maintain my below 3400 spot. What I need is a blockbuster week to push my self into the 2000s'. So after sorting it all out in my head heres how I think the weekend will pan out...or at least I hope it will. On to the match ups.
The Matchups of utter fantasy attention are the two clubs from Manchester City vs Aston Villa, along with Liverpool vs Wigan, Fulham vs Sunderland, Newcastle vs Swansea and Reading vs Everton giving us alot of option to mull over.
The Starting XI
1. Jussi: This guy is just on fire. He has been putting up unbelievable numbers against the toughest opposition and to think that some of the managers have him at below 4 is enviable. He's a great play at home to week travelling opposition.
Option: Krul is just one goal shy of a clean sheet since 4 weeks and I hope that is no more the case...in a positive way.
2. Shorey: Shorey has made the LB spot his own in the Reading defence and is swinging in crosses left right and centre. He is taking all of the set pcs for his club which is leading to alot of successful crosses and corners won. Regardless of clean sheet potential he should start for your team.
3. Maicon: Came on in the second half for a brief cameo and looked like he was really up for it. showed pass and willingness to put in those balls in the 30 yard box with his crossing ability. He is the only hope for any fantasy potential in the City back line. Keep an eye out for his starting XI conformation.
4. Reither: Fulham's Reither is as good as he gets for the value he is available for right now. A strong home matchup gives him a lot of upside this weekend even without the low price benefit.
Options: Santon has been Newcastle's best performing defender and been quite consistent with his number touching 7.5 points or more 3 times in the last 4 without any clean sheets being involved, a good option this week. Wisdom is the cheapest way to get into the Liverpool defence and home to Wigan is quite favourable.
5. Fellaini: With his new found attacking threat this season, he has helped Everton achieve new heights and will continue to do so as form seems very ripe right now.
6. Ben Arfa: Was heavily involved in the last weekends match and easily feels the hub of Newcastle's creativity, should have a great game.
7. Sterling: He plays alongside Suarez and has lighting quick feet. If these guys click together he could be involved either with a goal or minimum the one creating it, and he's dirt cheap.
8. Lallana: A very consistent performer in the fantasy world and is highly unlikely to put up a "bad score" for your team regardless of who he's facing, although in this case it is QPR.
Options: Nolan either gives a goal or a dud, this season its been mostly goals even though I think he's a tad bit expensive. Silva was back in the frame for City and was looking his old self with incisive passing, an eye for a SOT and should do better this weekend.
9. Berbatov: The Man of the moment for Fulham. Its like we have travelled back in time during his days at spurs. He's a threat on the pitch and is letting his footballing do the talking. Must have in all your lineups.
10. Tevez: With Aguero traveling all the way to Saudi Arabia and playing a full 90 on wednesday night I highly doubt he'll get another full 90. HELLO Tevez, rested during the week all fresh to annihilate Villa.
11. Saurez: Although He's expensive, He's in form and he's facing Wigan at home. Go For him.
Options: Jelavic is benefitting from the improved Everton attack this term and should follow up on the goal he scored last weekend. RVP hit the woodwork twice last weekend and will try to inch those shot in to make the few that own him a bit more happier about their investment, but if you have to spend go for Suarez. *
Ok now that feels like alot of goals will be scored this weekend for some reason as I was writing few of those names. Hopefully we'll be amongst them and best of luck for those involved in the NMA blog cup this weekend.