A much better week 2, compared to the first week, where we saw a total of 23 goals scored and 6 clean sheets . Some great display from Manchester United against a strong Spurs attack , Liverpool looked a strong side against an injured Arsenal , Wolves and Manchester City made it 2 wins in 2 matches ,Chelsea's first win of the season , points for all 3 newly promoted sides and some surprise performances from Newcastle and Aston Villa ( 4 pts in 2 matches )
On the indivisual front it was good to see Gea and the young Manchester United side show some real skills and prospects for the future. Suarez came on from the bench to seal the win , All 3 strikers from Villa on the score sheet , Anelka for Chelsea , Silva and Dzeko for City , Ryan Taylor for Newcastle etc
Im sure most of us banked on Everton to win against QPR , a complete surprise of the week and it does prove that no one can be taken for granted.
Looking forward to Week 3 , some cracking games in store and im sure lots of goals in store for our fantasy team.Lets get the best picks from this week match ups :
Easy Match ups :
Chelsea vs Norwich City
Aston Villa vs Wolves
Manchester United vs Arsenal
Newcastle vs Fulham
WBA vs Stoke
1. Drogba : After watching Torres play last week , it doesnt seem he is in any form to bank on. Drogba has been kept quiet for some time and we do feel he is going to explode sooner than later. Its an easy match up and Chelsea will be in attack from the word GO. Why not go for those who you know what they are capable of?
2. Bent : We know this man scores most of his goals in the start of the season and he has been in good form lately. Villa seem to be improving with every game and as usual bank on Bent to do the scoring. Must have in your team for this week. Even though Wolves are playing good football , but their defence is still on the weaker side.
3. Long : 2 goals in 2 games and that too against United and Chelsea . This guy is in good form and at 8.6 he is cheap. He should be digging deep against Stoke and will pile up the points .
4. Rooney : Again an expensive option but he is playing for fun as we saw last week and against a weak Arsenal side im sure Rooney will be looking to take advantage. He has good support from both the wings and this is a good time to pick him . I would prefer having Rooney to Drogba as they both are very expensive.
1. Lampard /Malouda/ Nani : Again you cant keep them quiet against a weak opposition .Chelsea is getting back to playing free flowing football. I do feel it could be Lampard's day as we have not seen much from him in the first 2 games. He isnt the type to remain quiet for too long. Nani is playing against a weak Arsenal side and he does play his best against Arsenal.
2. Silva : Those of you who have had him in the last week must stick with him as he is in form and is making all the right moves for City. I dont see Nasri starting the game so Silva will still be influential in his position. Playing away at Spurs but he seems to feel at home where ever he plays at the moment .
3. Watson : At home against QPR and in good form . At less than 10 he is a valuable pick as he is consistent with points.
4. Ryan Taylor : In good form and is slowly growing to become an important part of Newcastle midfield. Aroung 6 he is a cheap option and im sure he will justify his valuation.
5. Other options : Taabart ( he needs to start scoring sooner than later ) , Moses , Formica , Adam ( consistent ) , Young ( consistent ) .
Note : Staying away from Spurs players as they play a strong City side and we still need to give them time to get their game in order.
1. Smalling : He is making a name for himself as a right winger and is getting better with playing upfront along with Nani and Rooney. Dont see much threat in defence and a good match up.
2. Bosingwa : Havent seen him play the way he did last week , it does seem Chelsea has got back a good right back they have been missing for a while. His crosses are feeding some inform strikers who are always hungry to score. Good player to have in defence as he could get a clean sheet and assists.
3. Kelly : Some solid game by Kelly last week against Arsenal and he does seem to look like a good player in defence and always willing to go the oppositions goal.
4. Warnock : Priced aroung 8 , he is a premium defender at that price. Although he is playing against a good wolves side , he could prove valuable.
5. S. Taylor : Has been consistent for Newcastle and with an average of 10 pts per game he could be a good addition to your defence in case you have not got him. At 10 he does seem expensive but why not spend that kind of money for someone who is consistent.
1. D. Gea : Had 9 saves last game and a clean sheet must have done him a world of good. His price is going up every match. Its good if you got him cheap as he will only grow and improve from here on.
2. Hilario : Decent game last week and could have a better one with a weak Norwich attach. Playing behind a strong Chelsea defence should help him get a clean sheet.
3. Krul : Playing against Fulham who have played midweak and we all know how Fulham are incapable of handling these 2 games a weak. Scored 16 pts last week as he is making good save and playing with an inform Newcastle defence.